Oh God! I feel like crying for bla bla reasons. But I am in office, I can’t cry in front of my colleagues, they will ask me thousands of questions. Where do I go to shed my tears?
We often face such situations. Don’t we?
Sometimes even when we are on the cozy couch of our home, we want solitude. We want to ponder on the question, the situation, we want to vent out our anger, frustration, and cry.
But Why do we cry? There could be numerous reasons, but one thing is common. We want to cry alone, in a secluded place. We don’t want anybody to be acquainted to the weaker part of us. As the famous saying goes – “I love walking in the rain, so nobody could see me crying”.
Finding an isolated place is so difficult. Isn’tit ironical, you are so lonely amidst the crowd, but there is not a place for you, where you could be with only you.
Based on my experiences and observations, I have tried to compile a list of places where we can cry or weep, or where we can be with ourselves, where we can have a tete-a tete with our true selves.
- Washroom: Either in office or at home, washroom is one of the places where in we can be ourselves. Whenever your eyes are filled with tears and the tears are about to roll down your cheek, and you know that you won’t be able to hold the tears in your eyes,you run towards washroom. Once you reach there, you allow tears to flow down your cheeks. You put your palms on the slap and put your upper body weight on your hands, look in the mirror and cry out loud. In office, at the back of our mind we are alert. If we hear somebody coming we immediately splash water on our face to hide the tears and red eyes.
- Temples: Recently I saw somebody sitting in temple on one side with his head resting on his knees crying quietly. I wanted to ask him, if I could help him in But decided otherwise, because sometimes crying out helps.
- In a crowded Mall somewhere near any planter. I remember a couple sitting near a planter in the Mall. The girl was crying like anything and that stupid guy was not able to console her. I am sure he must have broken up with her: P.Anyway, Malls are another place where in you can cry alone. And no one will bother.
- Bus: Another place personally my favorite, but window seat is a must.All you need is a window pane for support, cover your face by dupatta or something and you are ready to vent out your remorse, pain, anger in the form of salty water from your eyes.
- Pillows: Ok if somebody asks you to compile a list of people with whom you can share your deepest feelings, secrets what would it be? My list will definitely have a diary, residents of the dark sky i.e. moon and stars, a beach and a pillow. I remember somebody telling me a story about pillow, ask your pillow before sleeping, to wake you up early in the morning and it will wake you up. I have experienced it. I know it would be due to psychological or scientific reason, but it works. So I share my fears, secrets also with him. And sometimes the soft pillow helps me to cry out loud. I just hold it tight and try to take out maximum frustration I could, to bring myself to peace.
Well whatever is the reason behind tears flowing down, scientific or emotional, heart-break or something else, crying out loud definitely helps. It helps to regain my consciousness, it gives me time for introspection. Tears just blur my eyes for some time and break my contact with the real and fake world. It’s just me and me for some time. I can talk to myself, I can face the truth during that time.