I guess I was in 8th when I for the first time read about Heart, arteries,veins , different types of artery pulmnary artery the only artery carrying deoxygenated blood, left ventricle etc etc. I loved the way our heart functions… So small but carrying such a great responsibility of a life.
But that was long time back and then I got busy in my big life and for got about my little heart who is working hard 24X7 to pump blood in my body to keep me alive. But my heart felt insulted and could not bear my ignorance. One day I felt pain and went to doctor. I was hospitalized for some time. It was engina pain. My heart had finally sent me clear signals that he is not happy. With so much responsibility over me , I knew I cannot afford to keep my heart unhappy. I decided to do something to balance my life , to keep my heart hale and hearty and to keep myself happy.
As our heart pumps blood every second, so our blood needs to be easy flowing, there should not be any blockage in the arteries and veins or wherever our blood flows. Excessive smoking and blood pressure up and downs is also disliked by our heart.
After undetsanding likes and dislikes of my heart I made a TOMAKEMYHEARTHAPPY list. So here goes the list…
- OILY FOOD:- There is an old saying “Kaam ghee ka aur naam bahu ka” which means that taste in food is due to ghee and not because of the cook. In olden days people use to love “Desi Ghee”. Every meal use to be deep fried in Oil. But our old people used to do a lot of physical work.The oil in their body never bothered to stay in their body. But in today’s lifestyle we don’t even have to cut vegetables on our own [We get readyCut vegetables in market], we never have to do cleaning [Kanta bai is there for cleaning], mixi grinder , everything is so easy , one hand don’t get to know about the other hand and work gets completed. So if we eat ghee or oil like our oldies used to so where will that oil go. It stays in our body for forever. This oil tenant of our body will live in our body and will rent in the form of arteryu blockage. We can’t afford such things. So Should we stop using oil.. Gawwd I can’t have boiled vegetables :(. But without oil food can’t be tasty. So we should be choosing careful while selecting oil for ourselves and our family. There are different types of saturated unsaturated types of fats present in the oil we use. We must select the oil wisely and use minimum of oil in our meals.
- Excercise daily :- O the pleasures of sleeping till late in the morning , wrapped in the blanket when it’s freezing cold or not so cold outside or the pleasures of a morning walk, breating the pollution free air, listening to the bird’s song which is otherwise lost in the sound of honking horns, the feel of freshness after doing Yoga or smell of the sweat after a good cardio. Which pleasure you will choose , I will go with the second one, coz this is what our heart also wants , it’s just that we have blindfolded our eyes to see and feel the truth. By exercising daily all extra fats taken in the body are consumed or excreted through sweat etc. It also keeps us in good shape 😛
- Positivity around and inside:– Have you ever felt heart beats getting faster when you are angry , headache when you shout … All these are indications of a stressful life which makes us and our heart unhappy. So try and be positive … Any problem can be faced by being calm. Coz when you are calm , problem will be resolved at a faster pace. This can be achieved through meditation for 5-15 minutes daily. Meditation can be done anywhere you just need to close your eyes and concentrate on something. This something can be analysing what you did all day , how it could have been better and all.
- Don’t keep anything in heart:- I have felt and experienced that you should be a vent for your heart feeling’s. Say it just don’t keep it to you. And Here I am not talking just about confessing love for somebody but even the bad feeling about somebody. If you keep anything negative in your heart, it will harm you. But yes offcource you can’t say any bad things to your manager 😛
- Avoid junk food :- I know and I also love having maggie in the midnight with a cup of chai sitting at my window. But that maggie will stay forever in my stomach in the form of maida , fat and what not … so avoid junk food , instead have fruits, sprouts etc to feed your little hunger which arises from nowhere anytime.
So these are few little steps , that keep me active and in harmony with my heart…
You too Stay active , Stay healthy…and have a happy heart 🙂
with Lots and lots of Love in My HEART 🙂