If somebody asks “Are you Happy? Do you have any regrets? Is your life well lived?” What will be the replies:-
“Arrey kahan, mere to naseeb hi phoote hue hai , bachpan se lekar aaj tak har cheej ke liye fight ki hai”
“Mujhe to koi bhi cheej aasani se milti hi nahi”
“Mera sapna to adhoora hi reh gaya”
“Ye bhi kya zindagi hai, aaj tak ye bhi nahi kar payi, Zindagi to unki hai …..kya thaat se jeete hai aur yahan ham 1 kamre mein poori zindagi guzar di “.
“Meri to life hi kharab hai”
I thought till today it was natural , and life is full of regrets so how can a life be well lived.. But when I read on the blogadda site for a prompt :- “we want you to skip the bad part and tell us you’ve lived your life the best till date! Despite all that’s done and happened, life has been the most beautiful thing happening to you. Introspect and let some gratitude flow to yourself, that you have played your part the best possible way, till this day”
I felt good, I realized that life is made of moments and not just years , and by that mathematics everybody’s life is well lived. As average sum of good moments will definitely be greater than the bad moments in everybody’s life.
So by that perspective my life is really well lived 🙂
- I still remember so many moments from my childhood when my mother and I used to enjoy…
- We used to go to get ourselves clicked in that photographer shop with different kinds of background and all…
- Fighting with my sibling who will sleep with my mom, oh that was fun….I miss those days..
- Sitting in our small, warm, cozy kitchen on “Bori” and my mother serving us with hot “makki ki roti” when it was chilled cold outside….
- Sleeping on terrace with star filled sky above, searching for “Dhruv taara”. Talking till late with my sister and my mother scolding.
- Laying bed on the terrace every night, and running with beddings downstairs when it suddenly rained while we were asleep on the terrace.
- Sitting with family on 31st december, watching New Year programmes on doordarshan, having “moongphali, chikki”etc.
- Getting a new bicycle…
- Drying dupattas with my sister holding one end and me the other end on our terrace.
- New dresses stiched by my mother on Diwali/Holi.
- I love when now I visit my home, my mother pampering me with my favorite dishes.
- My brother buying me gifts from his pocket money/first salary.
- Celebrating birthdays with or without cake.
- Going to my Mama’s place on festivals like bhai dooj and dushera. All cousins at one place.
- Sharing lunch with my friends in school, and requesting our favorite teachers to have one bite from our lunch.
- Gossiping with friends in schools about the affairs in the school and our class.
- Discussing with our friends our secrets crush, following them in school , seeing them secretly, wishing for them to say Hi to us and what not….
- Writing letters to friends in the summer vacation, missing them.
- Laughter fits on the roads while going for engineering coaching with friends.
- Forcing friends to express love to their crush.
- Getting ready for the welcome party in the college.
- Standing against wrong despite all the inner fears….
- Seeing my roll number in the list for entrance exam…
- First day of the job, first salary.
- Travelling alone to unknown places, with fears but “Finally did it ” Feeling.
- So many friends in the journey so far and every moment spent with them was the best and better than the previous.
- Lucky to have a supporting family and friends.
- Holding my little niece in my hand for the first time, her calling me “Mausi”. I am in love with her.
- Lucky to have shoulders to cry when I was not feeling good.
- Lucky to have travelled to so many good places till date, lived some breath taking moments.
- Having angels in my life…….who walked into my life when I was devastated, broken and almost dead. They stood by my side, supported me and now I am here standing again to fight again, to relive, though the pain is there, but I am lucky to have that medicine in my life in the form of few friends whom I call angel.
- I feel lucky to be able to feel pain of others, I am able to help them.
- I feel fortunate to have few great people in my life who are not any more with me, either they have built up their home up their in heaven or they have part their ways from me. But still I cherish the moments spent with them.
- Till date my life is really well lived…. There always have been obstacles problem in the path but I finally crossed all hurdles till date…. I am happy that I have the courage and friends and family by my side to fight against all odds…
I love my life…. despite several odds … Thanks to my family and friends………………
I am sure I will cross any hurdle……
But yes there is one thing missing in my life …. I want to do something for others in need… some good for the society or at least one person , I want to make somebody else’s life well lived…
That’s my dream, “Kuch to aisa karna hai”, “Kuch to karna hai”…..before I part from my “Well Lived ” life .